Cefuroxime sodium equivalent to ………………… 750 mg Cefuroxime
Each solvent ampoule contains:
Water for injection ……………………………..8ml
Lyophilized powder for injection
Box of 10 vials
– Treatment of lower respiratory tract infections ( including pneumonia), serious skin and skin structure infections, genitourinary tract infections, bone and joint infections, septicemia and meningitis caused by susceptible organisms.
– Perioperative prophylaxis
Warnings and cautions when taking drugs
Store in tight vial, at cool and dry place, protect from light.
Dosage and Administration
IM injection; slow IV injection in 3 – 5 minutes; IV infusion.
– Adult: The usual parenteral adult dosage is 750mg – 1,5g every 8 hours. In severe or complicated infections or bone and joint infections require 1,5g every 8 hours and life – threatening infection or infections caused by less susceptible organisms may require 1,5g every 6 hours.
– Pediatric: 30 – 60 mg/ kg of body weight / day. The dosage can be increased to 100mg/ kg of body weight/ day, 3 – 4 divided doses
– Dosage in Renal Impairment: must be adjustment
10 – 20 ml/min
750 mg, every 12 hours
– Patients on hemodialysis: 750 mg at the end of each dialysis.
– Patients on peritoneal dialysis and dialysis periodically artery – periodic intravenous dose of 750 mg is usually appropriate, Twice a day
– Adult: IV administration of dose 3g every 8 hours
– Pediatric: in children 3 months of age of older, the usual dosage of IV cefuroxime is 200 – 240 mg/kg/ day given in divided doses every 6 – 8 hours.
– Neotatal: receive IV in a dosage of 100mg/ kg of body weight/ day, can be reduced to 50mg/ kg of body weight/ day.
* Lyme disease:
– Use 1,5g in divided dose. Injected in diference area .
* Perioperative Prophylaxis:
The usual dosage is 1,5g just prior to surgery, and in lengthy operations, 750mg of the drug IV or IM every 8 hours.