Netilmicin Sulfat equivalent to ………100 mg Neltimicin
Excipients q.s to ………………………………………..2 ml
Box of 10 ampoules x 2ml
Box of 50 ampoules x 2ml
Box of 10 vials x 2ml
Box of 1 vial x 2 ml
– Treatment of gram-negative infections and injections caused by microorganisms resistant to other aminoglycosides such as gentamicin, tobramycin, and amikacin.
– Infections caused by susceptible strains.
– Serious infections of the respiratory tract, kidney and genitourinary tract infections, skin, soft tissue infections, bone and joint infections, burns, wounds, perioperative infections, intra-abdominal infections (including peritonitis), infections of the gastrointestinal tract.
– Netilmicin may be administered in conjunction with a penicillin or cephalosporin.
Warnings and cautions when taking drugs
Store at dry place, temperatures below 30°C, protected from light.
Dosage and Administration
* Susceptible infections
– 4-6 mg/kg once daily or in equally divided doses given every 8 or 12 hours. Life-threatening infections: increase to up to 7,5 mg/kg daily every 8 hours. All doses may be given as IM, slow IV (over 3-5 min) or as 50-200 ml infusion over 0,5-2 hours. Treatment is usually given for 7-14 days.
– Premature infants and neonates < 1 week: 6mg/kg daily in divided doses every 12 hours.
– Neonates less than 6 weeks: 4 – 6,5 mg/kg daily in divided doses every 12 hours.
– Older infants and children: 5,5-8 mg/kg daily in divided doses every 8 or 12 hours