– Bidiclor 500 is indicated in the treatment of infections caused by susceptible strains, especially after taking other antibiotics, the infections cannot be controlled.
– Sinusitis, otitis media, pharyngitis and tonsillitis.
– Lower respiratory tract infections, including pneumonia.
– Urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis and cystitis.
– Skin and skin structure infections.
Warnings and cautions when taking drugs
Not exceeding 25°C, store in dry places, protected from light.
Dosage and Administration
– The usual adult dosage is 250 mg every 8 to 12 hours.
+ For bronchitis and pneumonia, the dosage is 250 mg administered 3 times daily. A dosage of 250 mg administered 3 times daily for 10 days is recommended for sinusitis.
+ For more severe infections, doses may be doubled.
+ Doses of 4 g/day have been administered safely to normal subjects for 28 days, but the total daily dosage should not exceed this amount.
Patients with renal impairment:
50% of usual dosage
25% of usual dosage
– The usual recommended daily dosage for children with mild to moderate infections is 20 mg/kg/ body weight a day in divided doses every 8 to 12 hours.
– In more serious infections, otitis media and infections caused by less susceptible organisms, the recommended dosage is 40 mg/kg/day in divided doses every 8 to 12 hours, with a maximum dosage of 1 g/day.