Clindamycin hydrocloride equivalent to …300 mg Clindamycin
Excipients q.s to…………………………………………a capsule
Box of 2 blisters x 10 capsules
Box of 10 blister x 10 capsules
– Clindamycin is indicated in the treatment of serious infections due to susceptible strains such as streptococci, pneumococci, and staphylococci. Its use should be reserved for penicillin-allergic patients or other patients for whom, in the judgment of the physician, a penicillin is inappropriate.
– Serious respiratory tract infections caused by susceptible anaerobic bacteria such as empyema, anaerobic pneumonitis and lung abscess; serious skin and soft tissue infections; septicemia; intra-abdominal infections such as peritonitis and intra-abdominal abscess (typically resulting from anaerobic organisms resident in the normal gastrointestinal tract); infections of the female pelvis and genital tract such as endometritis, nongonococcal tuboovarian abscess, pelvic cellulitis and postsurgical vaginal cuff infection.
Warnings and cautions when taking drugs
Store in dry places, not exceeding 250C, protected from light.
Dosage and Administration
– Adults: Oral doses of 150–300 mg every 6 hours.
– Children: Oral doses of 8-16 mg/kg/day in 3 divided doses every 6 hours.
– Usual adult dose for bacterial endocarditis prophylaxis: 600 mg orally 1 hour prior to the procedure. A single dose of clindamycin is appropriate for prophylaxis prior to dental, oral, upper respiratory tract and esophageal procedures in at-risk, penicillin-allergic patients.