– Atorvastatin is used to reduce LDL – cholesterol, apolipoprotein B, and triglycerides, and to increase HDL – cholesterol in the treatment of hyperlipidaemias, including hypercholesterolaemias and combined (mixed) hyperlipidaemia (type IIa or IIb hyperlipoproteinaemias), hypertriglyceridaemia (type IV), and dysbetalipoproteinaemia (type III).
– Atorvastatin can also be effective as adjunctive therapy in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia who have some LDL-receptor function.
Warnings and cautions when taking drugs
Store in dry and cool places, protect from light and moisture, temperature not exceeding 30ºC.
Dosage and Administration
– Use once daily and Atorvastatin can be administered as a single dose at any time of the day, with or without food.
– The initial dose is10 mg one daily. Adjust after 4 week if needed and tolerated.
– The maintenance dose is 10-40 mg daily. Increase the dosage if necessary, but not exceed 80 mg daily.
– When used in combination with Amiodarone, should not exceed 20 mg daily.
– When used in combination with Darunavir + Ritonavir, Fosamprenavir, Fosamprenavir + Ritonavir, Saquinavir + Ritonavir, not to exceed 20 mg daily.
– When used in combination with Nelfinavir, not exceed 40 mg daily